Saturday 18 February 2017

AGING GRACEFULLY



                            AGING GRACEFULLY
I have been doing a lot of retrospection lately. How time flies!
When I was in my elementary school, I used to examine my scrawny muscles and wonder when they would grow big and strong.
When I became a teenager I wondered when and how I would marry, live on my own and own things. …
I slept…. I woke… I ate …. I laboured ….
Then I met Christ and a lot of things changed….
I became conscious of God … the value of life …. time ….. and eternity.
So I dreamt ….. I prepared…. I connected with Him …. I lived ….. and I served….
And now I am in my forties and I feel that time is really passing…..
The vision is very clear and expanding but my energy level is flagging…..
  
What have I being doing? What have I done?
How much have I affected my world?
I have this sense of not being really fulfilled…
There is so much ground to cover…. I feel so inadequate….  And time is not on my side…. I need to hurry before my time is up….
This was I who believed I could never get old nor get weak …..
And I feel I am getting old very fast… receding hairline…. aching joints….. spreading wrinkles…. loosening shapes…..and all the works ….
 Or is God not very conscious that I am getting old fast and I am not getting younger?

But I feel the Lord quickening me within
His Spirit speaks to me like never before
giving me wisdom, grace and strength for each new day….
I feel faith, hope and power rising
I feel His heartbeat of love for my generation
I know that by His grace I shall not be consumed
And know that He who began the good work in me will be faithful to complete it till I declare His greatness to many generations. 
So I am going to grow old gracefully because my times are in His hands.
Selah!                              

No comments:

Post a Comment